SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT & FULFILLMENT
Laying a strong foundation is essential for any project. As an objective and trusted ally, we will work to understand your business to provide unbiased, strategic observations and insight. Once aligned, we will establish a project plan focused on performance enhancement at every level of the customer experience.
We believe in the power of active partnership. We utilize our rigorous and tested methodologies to elevate the effectiveness of your business processes. Point2 is committed to executing and producing tangible working solutions for your organization.
We bridge the gap between business management, operations and IT. We are the essential link that can communicate with all stakeholders. Point2 will provide and execute on your “big-picture” vision to help you master complex business initiatives.
As a strategic business partner, it is our goal to keep your team on the pulse of the latest technology and guide them with a practical and simple strategy. We will help create value and establish best practices quickly, laying a framework for your team to move forward independently and efficiently.
- Your company can focus on what it does well
- Experience an increase in quality
- Economies of scale to bring together outsourcing, process, and quality visibility to raise the level of quality
- Adapts to an organization’s business processes around software development and delivery
- Reduce the cost of software development
- Faster time to market
- Management of the “big picture”
Warehouse Management Systems
Content Management Systems
The mission of a Warehouse Management System (WMS) is to fulfill the right product to the right customer at the right time in the most efficient manner possible. Difficulty arises when choosing a WMS that suits the particular needs of your company. Point2 alleviates this obstacle by understanding the “big picture” whether modernizing a previous WMS or implementing a new WMS from ground-zero.
At Point2, we are pioneers in the field of Warehouse Management Systems. Our founder is one of the original architects of what is now the basis of JDA RedPrairie Warehouse Management Systems. Through this experience, we understand what it takes to establish a software solution focused on process optimization, inventory accuracy and labor management. Point2 will implement a cost-effective system tailored to the specific needs of your company to make your warehouse operations function productively.
- Cost. Utilize outsourced targeted initiatives to bridge the gap between competency of WMS and personnel unfamiliarity, thus lowering labor and training expenses.
- Time. Our experts earn your business more time by implementing quick-witted, experienced, and accurate decisions.
- Trust. With over 20 years’ experience and expertise we can eliminate all apprehensions with managing a WMS.
- Adapt. Point2 plays both manager and doer roles; we adjust with your project needs.
As companies downsize and continue to struggle with staffing resources, businesses must keep focused on doing what they do best. However, many companies continue to invest in IT services that are outside their core business competency. Software development and fulfillment is not core to most organizations, yet compensation and overhead for IT staff remain a significant expense.
That is where partnering with Point2 comes in. With Point2, you can outsource software development to experts who serve your needs only when you need them. Point2 has delivered high value to many companies on a project basis by adapting to the company culture while delivering both consulting expertise and technical skills. We also enable and educate your in-house IT staff by providing opportunities to develop skills that provide you long-term and sustainable IT solutions.
- Flexibility. Our onshore and offshore hours allow us to be there when you need us. Our Onshore team will work simultaneously alongside you during your business hours while our offshore team works when your business rests.
- Cost-effective. Our offshore partnership allows us to bring down cost significantly. Our cohesive team reduces expenses by seamlessly trading various responsibilities throughout the day and night to eliminate unproductive time and make rapid strides for improved project turnaround time.
- Empowerment. We educate your in-house IT staff and provide opportunities for them to take initiatives for long term solutions.
- Solution. We recognize your current and future problem by listening, observing, analyzing, and testing your entire business in order to solve any issue; our experts pride themselves in being pro-active – NEVER reactive.
At Point2, we are experts in implementing Content Management Systems (CMS) that provide you the ability to facilitate dynamic and unique web experiences for your customer.
Our CMS builds are designed to your unique needs and offer powerful tools to help streamline content creation, marketing efforts, data collection, and much more.
The cornerstone of all great web experiences begins with a great CMS. At Point2, we are dedicated to providing ROI-based value; we will work to develop a cross-functional, integrated CMS that will establish and grow impactful customer experiences for years to come.
- Create. Publish and consume brand-focused digital content on the web.
- Customize. Gives content editors control of placing content where they need it, when they need it, and how they need it.
- Omnichannel. Manage web, mobile, social, email, content, digital aspects, analytics, workflow, data bases, and more.
- Target. Understand each individual in terms of their transactional, historical, locational, and behavioral profile data to help direct business and design.
- Maximize. Providing the best possible user experience creates lifelong customers and recurring revenue streams.
- Diversify. Make your CMS a key tenant among your value chain to form a conducive, resourceful environment.
As a seasoned consultant who has looked under the hood of a lot of companies, I know that Corporate America typically takes a “faith-based” approach to software development, with an underlying attitude that things will get accomplished on faith, not by purpose and intent. Through post-mortems I’ve found that’s the main reason MOST SOFTWARE PROJECTS FAIL.
Today, no business can afford to waste money developing and delivering software that doesn’t meet expectations. But many do. Software quality has become one of the most expensive topics in human history. The average software project overruns its anticipated cost by more than 100 percent, and only 32 percent of projects are considered successful. Software is currently blamed for more major business problems than any other man-made product.
Successful software development and implementation is absolutely necessary for a company’s ability to compete. Failure damages both business operations and the experience that customers have with the company. Conversely, successful software can drive operational performance, quality and efficiency, and, importantly, help deliver a customer experience that truly delights people.
Unfortunately, except at the very largest companies, most businesses aren’t able to staff IT personnel who have the essential hybrid combination of business acumen and technical expertise to deliver software that can effectively optimize business process.
Success requires someone looking at software development as a holistic business process. It requires developers who know what they’re building, why they’re building it, and who can guarantee that it is built and delivered right. From inception through retirement, the keys are keen vision, a true course and purposeful action to incrementally improve the process —and thus reduce cost and increase quality. It is definitely not a “faith-based” approach. It is an engineering discipline. It must be managed as such. It must be smartly planned and executed for success. And vital quality improvements must be integrated into the process.
Fortunately, companies are finding success through the help of outsourced developers who can come in to both lead the holistic software delivery process and work closely with their IT people during the build. I’ve helped many mid-size companies in that capacity. Importantly, here at Point2 we are continuously elevating our expertise with each software development project we tackle. And our clients’ IT people are learning, too, while we provide them visibility into the quality as we make it happen.
I have a wealth of knowledge and insight to share. I’m happy to answer questions about software development, and to discuss how your company might leverage technology to improve the exchange of information from point to point across your value chain.
Curt Harmatys, President of Point2